Step 1: Fulfill Chapter Requirements
Before filling in the chapter registration form, the following conditions must be met:
High School Chapters
- At least five (5) paying members (recommend the chapter to register as many members as possible at once)
- One teacher supervisor
- Formal recognition of the HOSA club at the school
- One legal advisor
Step 2: Club Registration (New High School Chapters Only)
Once you have met the conditions in step 1, you can start forming a club at your school. Steps may vary between schools, but it should be similar to the process outlined below:
- Ask the Guidance or Administration office for a club registration form
- Fill out the form with your teacher advisor
- Submit the form to your Guidance or Administration office
- Wait for approval
Please contact us if you are having trouble getting approval for the club.
Step 2: Club Maintenance (Existing High School Chapters)
It is important for existing HOSA Chapters to ensure that the club is still in good standing with their school. Go to your Guidance or Administration office and ensure that the club is allowed to run for the 2018-2019 school year. In addition, be sure to ask if the school administration ran into any issues with the club previously and ask about any improvements you could make with respect to the organization of club activities.
Please contact us if your school raises any issues concerning the standing of the club.
Step 3: HOSA Canada Chapter Registration
After you get club approval from your Guidance or Administration office, you’ll need to register your students by the process outlined below:
Ensure the Chapter President Email is of a Google email account. Many chapters utilize a shared google account for their chapter email. For example, SchoolNameHOSA@gmail.com (where SchoolName is the chapter’s name). If your chapter does not have this, it is recommended that you create one for registration to work properly.
Chapter Registration requires a Google account as the spreadsheet will be shared to you automatically via Google Sheets.
- Fill out the Chapter Registration Form – Ensure you fill in ALL fields or your registration may be delayed. Do NOT submit the form twice.
- Click submit
- Copy the unique key on the success page and ensure you remember it.
- The unique key will be used to remove or add members
- The unique key is used to authenticate the chapter president or chapter advisor
- Your chapter is now registered
- Check your email for a confirmation of your Chapter Registration.
At any point should you require assistance, please feel free to email email@example.com for guidance.
Step 4: HOSA Canada Member Registration
After registering your chapter, you can start adding members to your chapter. A spreadsheet will be shared with the email provided for the Chapter President.
- Check your email and/or Google Drive under ‘Shared with me’ for your Chapter’s Member Spreadsheet. It is shared to you upon Chapter Declaration
- Open your Chapter’s spreadsheet
- Read through the instructions on the README sheet of your Chapter spreadsheet.
Please continue adding members on the sheet.
We use abbreviations/event codes to determine the member’s event. Please follow the reference here for the Event Code to the Event Name.
We provide a maximum of 3 submissions.
You may add as many members as you would like in each submission. When you submit the members and click the submit button, this counts as 1 submission.
Additional submissions require chapters to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. An admin fee of $20 is charged for Additional Submissions.
Step 5: Payment
Once your chapter is registered, you will be billed for the students you submitted on the spreadsheet form. There are 5 things you should be aware of.
- Invoices are due within thirty (30) days upon receipt
- A chapter can submit up to 3 member submissions.
- Invoices issued before October 5, 2018 qualify for a $10 per student early bird discount, provided that the student remits payment for both the registration fee and the conference fee
- Final deadline to submit additional members is December 21, 2018. Invoices will not be issued past this date.
- Students will not receive study accounts (ACTO) until we receive payment
Step 6: ACTO
HOSA Canada uses a Learning Management System called ACTO. Once we have received the chapter’s payment, we will create the student accounts. Chapter president and members will be notified via email that their account has been created.
ACTO is available on a browser and mobile app. Visit hosa.actoapp.com to access ACTO. Simply download it on your device’s app store.