Step 1: Fulfill Chapter Requirements
Before filling in the chapter registration form, the following conditions must be met:
High School Chapters
- At least five (5) paying members (it is recommended to register as many members as possible in the initial submission)
- One (1) teacher supervisor
- Formal recognition of the HOSA club at the school
- One (1) legal advisor
Step 2: Club Registration (New High School Chapters Only)
Once you have met the conditions outlined in step 1, you can start forming a club at your school. Steps may vary between schools, but it should be similar to the process below:
- Ask the Guidance Office or Office Administration to establish a new school club
- Fill out and submit any necessary forms with your teacher advisor
- Wait for approval
Please contact us if you are having trouble getting approval for the club.
Step 2: Club Maintenance (Existing High School Chapters)
- Contact the office administration or guidance counselors to verify your chapter is still in good standing with the school to ensure the club is allowed to run.
- Ask if the school administration ran into any issues with the club in the past year and ask about any improvements you could make with respect to the organization of club activities.
- Please contact us if your school raises any issues concerning the standing of the club.
Step 3: HOSA Canada Chapter Registration
After you get club approval from your Guidance or Administration office, you will need to register your students through the process outlined below:
Chapter Registration requires a Google account as the member registration sheet will be shared to you automatically via Google Sheets. Many chapters utilize a shared google account for their chapter email. For example, SchoolNameHOSA@gmail.com
This account will have access to student data, so ensure access to the account is limited.
- Fill out and submit the Chapter Registration Form – Ensure you fill in all fields. Do not submit the form more than once.
- Take down the unique key on the confirmation page
- The unique key will be used to remove or add members
- The unique key is used to authenticate the chapter president or chapter advisor
- Your chapter is now registered; check your email for a confirmation of your successful registration. The email will contain a link to the registration spreadsheet.
Should you require assistance, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4: HOSA Canada Member Registration
After registering your chapter, you can start registering members. A spreadsheet will be shared with the Chapter President and Advisor.
- Check your email and/or Google Drive under ‘Shared with me’ for your Chapter’s Member Spreadsheet. It is shared to you after submitting the chapter registration form.
- Open your Chapter’s spreadsheet.
- Read through the instructions on the README sheet of your Chapter spreadsheet.
- Add members onto your spreadsheet.
We use abbreviations/event codes to determine the member’s event. The codes can be found on the event code tab of your spreadsheet and in the link here.
We provide a maximum of 3 submissions.
You may add as many members as you would like in each submission. When you submit your members and click the ‘submit’ button, this counts as 1 submission.
Chapters are required to contact us at email@example.com if any additional submissions are required.
Step 5: Payment
Once your chapter is registered, you will receive an invoice for the students you submitted on the spreadsheet form. Please be aware of the following:
- Invoices are due within thirty (30) days upon receipt.
- A chapter may make up to 3 member submissions.
- Payments received before October 25, 2019 qualify for an early bird discount of $10 per student, provided that the student remits payment for both the registration fee and the conference fee.
- Final deadline to submit additional members is December 20, 2019. Invoices will not be issued past this date.
- Students will receive accounts that allow them to access all study materials (ACTO) upon receipt of payment.
Step 6: ACTO
HOSA Canada uses a Learning Management System called ACTO. Once we have received the chapter’s payment, instructions on setting up their account will be sent to the email they used to register. Chapter presidents and advisors will be notified via email when the accounts for the chapter have been created.
ACTO is available on browser and mobile app from hosa.actoapp.com and on your mobile device’s app store.