- Download the Excel form here, Registration Form
- When you open the Excel form, you will be viewing the “Student Information Form” Sheet
- All of the event short codes are listed on the “Help Sheet” located at the bottom left
- Fill in the basic contact information for the student and the guardian
- Do not include spaces in first and last name
- Do not include brackets, dashes, or spaces in phone number
- Make sure you choose an option from the drop down list for “Grade”, Event”, and “Conference Fee”
- All students wishing to register must accept the HOSA Canada Terms and Conditions
- Once you fill in the basic information, your Excel should like this but with more fields filled in
- If you have members in any of the team events listed below, they must select their team members
- Biomedical Debate
- CERT Skills
- CPR/First Aid
- Community Awareness
- Creative Problem Solving
- Forensic Medicine
- Health Education
- HOSA Bowl
- Medical Innovation
- Public Health
- When a student selects any of the team events listed above, they will be added to the event team member list. You can choose the teammate from the drop down option on the teammate field
- Select the correct teammates for all members of the team
- Once you have completed all of the fields and matched all the teammates, you can submit the Excel file on the registration page
- How do we collect the information from our students?
You can collect the information however you like. Ex. you can create a Google Form with the same fields as the Excel and just paste the answers in Excel. Please make sure that the Excel form is filled in properly or else it will not be accepted.
- What is the “HOSA Use” sheet?
The “HOSA Use” sheet is filled with formulas and options for the “Student Information” sheet. All members within team events are also listed on the “HOSA Use” sheet.
- Can someone “Not Paying” for the conference still be in a team event with someone who is “Paying”?
Unfortunately, if the students do not follow HOSA team event guidelines, they will not be allowed to compete. You can view how many members are allowed in each event on the “Help” sheet.
- Does everyone need to accept the HOSA Canada Terms and Conditions to become a member?
Yes, any student or advisor who wants to become a member of HOSA Canada must accept the Terms and Conditions.
- What software do I use to open the file?
You must be using Microsoft Excel 2011 or above.